[cmg_anvato video=”4357594″ autoplay=”true”]
Chef Iliana de la Vega’s El Naranjo on Rainey Street has been one of the best options for a Mexican dinner in Austin for years. It’s now one of the best choices for lunch.
The restaurant from the chef who previously ran a restaurant of the same name in Oaxaca serves lunch Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The current menu (which can be seen here) includes empanadas with huitlacoche, a trio of tortas, several tlayudas and entrees like duck enchiladas with mole negro.
Also featured in:
- 2017 Best Restaurants in Austin, Top 25
- Best date-night restaurants in Austin
- 2016 Top 25
- Mexican cuisine all-stars
- 2015 top restaurants
- Where to eat when it is raining (top pick)
- Where to have a romantic date-night dinner (top pick)